Tuesday, September 9, 2008

What is a life worth?



People generally believe that life is priceless and I agree with that..........but if there were to be a price tag placed on life what would it be? How much does it cost to keep your heart beating, lungs breathing, your head thinking, your soul singing?

I received a letter in the mail yesterday answering my question. It was a bill from Good Samaritan Hospital with a loose breakdown of the costs for my stay.

It would seem that my life is worth $86,485.42

$86,485.42 Such a big number, yet hard to actually grasp because it's only numbers on paper. Hmmmm one me = 1/4 of the average home cost, 1/3 the cost of an Astin Martin.....or for the less car savvy...about 3 Honda accords. AND finally 28,924.88 comic books!! Granted after adjustments and insurance my part of that is almost non existent but still thought it's an interesting reality to have a price for my pulse!!

No comments: