Sunday, September 14, 2008

Going Tribal




I've been into belly dancing since I was 5 years old, I find it seductive, entrancing and beautiful in every way! Last Thursday I went to the Puyallup fair with my sis and watched a tribal belly dance troop perform! It was lovely and I was stoked to take classes and try out a different form of the art! So Friday I picked up a beautiful flowey skirt, altered it to fit and went to bed early in anticipation of Saturday mornings class!!

I've taken belly dance classes before but this is the first time I've done dancing since my surgery.......It is also the first time I've done Tribal which I learned VERY quickly is VERY different from the moves I'm familiar with!! The dance studio is great and equipped with walls of mirrors.......unfortunately that meant that I was able to get a goooooood look at what an uncoordinated awkward mess I am!!! :-P
My left side seems to have decided that it wants nothing to do with my right side or following direction from my brain!!! The great part is as awkward as I looked I was completely accepted and embraced by the rest of the class and they were encouraging me at every step.....er stumble lol! I had an absolute blast and can't wait for next Saturday!! Till then I've got a week to practice the moves and hopefully convince the left side of my body to listen!!

No comments: